Code of Conduct
Turing Fest Code of Conduct
Turing Festival Ltd the organisers of Turing Fest, Turing Founders, NextGen, Level Up and the Scottish Tech Startup Awards, is committed to providing a safe and welcoming experience for everyone. Please take a few minutes to familiarise yourself with our Code of Conduct — all event participants are expected to abide by it while attending any physical or online events.
We are committed to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, gender reassignment, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, disability, physical appearance, body size, pregnancy and maternity, national origin, race, age, religion or belief. We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form.
Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any event venue or platform, including talks. Event participants — including speakers, sponsors and exhibitors — violating these rules may be sanctioned or removed from the event without a refund, at our discretion. Violators of these rules may also be excluded from participating in our future events.
Alcohol may be served at some of our events. We expect participants who choose to consume alcohol to consume responsibly, and to know their own limits. Consuming alcohol is known to lower inhibitions. It also affects people’s ability to defend themselves if they are being harassed. The effects of alcohol consumption will not excuse harassing behaviour.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, gender reassignment, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, disability, physical appearance, body size, pregnancy and maternity, national origin, race, age or religion or belief
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact or online contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Inviting or coercing a person into drinking a lot of alcohol in order to make them vulnerable
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behaviour
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately. We expect participants to abide by this Code of Conduct at all our events, venues, platforms, and event-related social activities.
If you are being harassed, or witness harassment of someone else, please contact a member of our staff immediately via email, the event app, or the event platform. Staff members will immediately contact one of the conference organisers to handle incidents. You can report any inappropriate behaviour or harassment at any time via the contact details below.
We are committed to providing a safe environment for all our physical events during the global pandemic. In order to do so, we may ask all conference participants to abide by some safety rules that may be different from what you’ve experienced at previous events. These rules will be communicated in advance to all ticket holders. Rules will be based on government guidelines and expert advice, and will be subject to change as guidance and advice change.
In addition to the safety rules, all attendees must:
- Not attend any physical events if you feel sick, have a fever, or should be in quarantine or isolation according to government guidelines in place at the time;
- Immediately notify a staff member if you feel unwell while at any of our events. Staff members at an event are readily identifiable by their event branded clothing, and they will immediately escort you to a safe isolation area.
Failure to comply with these rules or any other of our COVID safety rules at a physical event may result in your immediate removal from the event, without a refund, at the discretion of the organisers. Your pass may be confiscated and you may not be allowed to re-enter the event.
Organiser contact details
This anti-harassment policy is based on the example policy from the Geek Feminism wiki, created by the Ada Initiative and other volunteers.
Never miss a thing
Sign up for exclusive updates
Be the first to know about upcoming events, news and ticket offers!